The Advanced course is the first step beyond Open Water Diver certification and offers different experience and training options that range from simple introductions to underwater activities to more challenging experiences. Whether it is; the extra depth you are trying to achieve or simply a well-structured supervised means to gain additional experience, this course is for you.
The Advanced Open Water Course qualifies you to dive up to 30 metres (21m for junior qualification)
Want to become a Rescue Diver or PADI professional? What about more specialty courses? The advanced course takes you one more step closer to your dream!
PADI Adventures In Diving Program Overview
The Advanced Open Water course is comprised of 5 adventure dives.
There are two core (compulsory) dives which are:
- Deep (Gain experience up to 30 metres)
- Underwater navigation (Make your way on a dive by using a compass or natural features)
The Adventure dives we offer:
AWARE – Fish Identification
Peak Performance Buoyancy
Boat Adventure Dive
Search & Recovery Dive
Drift Adventure Dive
Multi – Level Dive
The Advanced course is divided into Knowledge Development and Practical Application.
The Knowledge Development section consists of independent study of the relevant chapter and completing five Knowledge Reviews (one for each of the chosen dives). There is no written exam, your instructor will review this with you and answer any questions you may have.
The Practical Application section consists of five dives that were completed in the knowledge development section. These dives are conducted under the supervision of a PADI Instructor and allow for the best possible experience on the reefs. This course allows you to explore different reefs that would normally not have been accessible to you as an Open Water Diver because of the depth restriction.
Your deep dive will be conducted to 30m provided you are older than 15 years, otherwise children aged 12 – 14 years will dive to a maximum depth of 21 meters.
To qualify for acceptance into the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be certified as a PADI (junior) Open Water Diver or have equivalent rating. “Equivalent” is defined as proof of an entry – level scuba certification with a minimum of four scuba – training dives.
- Be 12 years of age or older. Students under the age of 15 may obtain a PADI Junior Advanced Open Water certification. Anyone aged under 18 will require a parent/guardian to complete and sign some paperwork.
- Answer all the questions on the PADI Medical Statement and if you answer “yes” to any of the questions acquire a clearance for diving signed by a physician attesting to fitness to dive. The medical clearance must be current within the previous 12 months. The physician signing the form cannot be the individual.